Monday, July 15, 2013

Recipe of the Day - Bacon Stir-Fry

Hello everyone! Blog is back in action, and if all goes well, it will be updated a few days a week and no more breaks.

I thought I would start off with a recipe since the majority of my posts a few months ago were of recipes and because I made this Sunday morning so it's fresh in my mind.

Bacon Stir-Fry is awesome because it's full of, BACON! Who doesn't love bacon? The rest of the ingredients and the recipe is below:
  • 8 bacon slices, diced
  • ½ yellow onion, diced
  • 1 medium sweet potato, diced
  • 1 medium zucchini, diced
  • 7-8 green beans
  • 1 avocado
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  1. Cook chopped bacon in a medium skillet over medium-low heat. Drain fat when done and set bacon aside.
  2. Meanwhile, heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 Tbs of drippings from the bacon pan, onion, and sweet potato.
  3. Stirring often, sauté  until onions begin to turn translucent and sweet potato softens slightly (about 10-15 minutes).
  4. Add zucchini and green beans to the sweet potato mixture and cook just until they turn bright green.
  5. Combine bacon and vegetables. Season with freshly ground black pepper, and top with avocado to serve.
NOTE: I add scrambled eggs to give the dish more protein and don't always add green beans. I also sometimes add a little more than 1 tbs of bacon fat to the pan before I throw in the sweet potatoes and onion. Avocado also isn't necessary if you don't have any on hand.

It does take a little while to make, but if you have 30 minutes, make this dish! It says it's two servings but I usually get three out of it and use the leftovers for breakfast the next few days. Enjoy!


Recipe courtesy of Paleo Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment