Friday, March 15, 2013

Paleo Recipe of the Day - Grain Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have to say, I was a little hesitant making these, but they are some of the best chocolate chip cookies i've had! I brought them to the Hope for Kenya fundraiser so a number of you were able to try them and some have asked for the recipe, so here it is! They are quite sticky when you transfer them from the bowl to the baking sheet because of the honey, and I would recommend using a tad less than 1/2 cup. The second time around I used the exact amount compared to the first time when I used a little less, and I thought they came out better the first time. I've bought the Enjoy Life CC at Whole Foods and Wegmann's. Thanks to Paleo Plan for the recipe - a website I've used quite frequently! If any of you would like to feature recipe(s) you've used in the past, please email me and let me know -> jshannon37@gmail.com

Have a great weekend and enjoy St. Patty's Day!!


Ingredients

  • 3 cups almond flour
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
  • 1/2 cup raw honey
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp sea salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Instructions

  1. Preheat oven to 375℉.
  2. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  3. In a small mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Set aside.
  4. In a medium mixing bowl, beat the eggs, honey, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer, or wire whisk.
  5. Pour wet ingredients slowly into dry ingredients and beat with mixer or fork until combined.
  6. Add the melted coconut oil and continue to blend until combined.  Stir in chocolate chips.
  7. Drop Tablespoon size balls of cookie dough onto prepared baking sheet.
  8. Bake for approximately 8-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment