Wednesday, March 27, 2013

PaleoKits by Steve's PaleoGoods

I apologize for taking a week+ off. Time to get back to business...

Some of you have heard of PaleoKits by Steve's PaleoGoods. For those who have not, you'll want to continue reading. It's a company started by Steve Liberati who also founded Crossfit Tribe in Pennsauken, NJ. He sells a wide assortment of products from grainless cereal and grainless granola bars, to grass-fed beef jerky and dressings and marinades all made in his warehouse.

I heard about his company about a year ago, but never looked into it. Last week I went to CrossFit Tribe (don't worry, all my love is for Renaissance!) and picked up a few items while I was there. Apple Pie Grainless Cereal, grass-fed beef jerky, combination of beef jerky, pecans, almonds and dried apples and two grainless granola bars - original and dark chocolate espresso! The cereal tastes great and would be a perfect snack as well. It's a nice change from my usual bacon & eggs breakfast. I'm not a huge beef jerky fan, but the grass-fed beef jerky tasted great, and i'm usually not the biggest fan of beef jerky. The regular beef jerky combo also tasted good, especially with the nuts and fruit. I have yet to try the granola bars.

There are a few reasons you should buy some of these products besides how good they taste! It's a great way for those of you who aren't on the Paleo diet to gradually start it. They are a perfect snack packed with protein that we all need. Another reason to buy these products? 15% of the proceeds go to his foundation, Steve's Club - a "non-profit that brings fitness, nutrition guidance and mentorship to at-risk youth." Most of the kids getting help from this non-profit are kids from Camden.

There are three ways to purchase items from Steve's PaleoGoods. You can easily buy directly from the website.. I have not looked to see how much shipping is. If it's too much, I can take orders from people since the warehouse is close to my house. His products are sold at Whole Foods. They are a tad more expensive there.

Check it out! Help a great cause while enjoying delicious Paleo food!

-Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment